Re: [Evolution] Sign and encrypt standards qustion.

On Tue, 2001-12-18 at 13:29, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
As an addendum:

To avoid having to use 2 separate mail clients, it's possible to use gpg
in an xterm to sign/encrypt your text and then copy/paste the results
into the composer (this was originally how it was done).

I personally use premail; it's a front end to pgp (*not* gpg) which can
automagically encrypt, sign, or decrypt outgoing and incoming email.

Unfortunately, premail has long since gone unsupported (but I think
there's a debian package for it still).  Luckily, it continues to work.
I'm using it with pgp 6.x for Linux.

You have to install it *as* /usr/sbin/sendmail to get evolution to call
it, unless you patch evolution.  But that works fine; premail expects
people might do that.  (You install the real sendmail as something else,
like /usr/sbin/sendmail.real, and tell premail where to find it.)

   - Ian