Re: [Evolution] Openmail?

On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 20:09, Mark Neill wrote:
On 6 Dec 2001, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
Isnt openmail a drop in replacement for exchange, by drop in I mean
outlook just works with it?  If so then surely the connector ximian are
building will also just work.

Openmail's selling point was that it was drop-in compatible with Exchange.
We considered suggesting a migration to it at one company I worked for.

If Evo can talk to Exchange, it should be able to talk to Openmail.

My understanding is that it is "drop-in compatible" in a marketing
sense, not a technical sense. I don't remember the details. (Someone
else suggested you needed an Outlook plugin on each client, and that
might be it.)

-- Dan