RE: [Evolution] Ximian Connector?

Hello Chris,

What's the problem here? It isn't like this is the first bit of commercial
software for Linux or UNIX. -gasp- what a revelation: A company that is in
it for the money! For me, the Connector is a lifesaver and I only wish
they'd announced a little earlier while I was still on a wild goose chase
for a Linux <-> Outlook/Exchange Calendaring interoperatibility (sp)
solution. $69 to hook up a Linux machine to an existing network is still a
big money saver for corporations, heck, a license of Windows 9x costs more
than that. You'd save boatloads on security alone. I can easily imagine this
to be a big market. I know that *I* will bug my boss to get me a license so
I can get rid of my Win2k Workstation.

As for the GPL vs. Proprietary issue, what's the big deal? How about a
forked version, or a plugin or something like that. It's all been done
before and we still have a free OS, don't we? Just because the EvoEx
Connector is proprietary doesn't mean the OS - or even Evo for that matter -
isn't.

What good is Linux on the Workstation if it cannot talk to the rest of the
world?

Now if Ximian dumps support/development of Free Evo in favor of Proprietary
Evo, that's when you can start to get all bitchy. ;-)

No offense meant by any of what I say.

Best wishes,
- Nils