Re: [Evolution] Summary and folder mismatch, even after a sync

On Tuesday, December 4, 2001, at 04:24 PM, Juan Martinez wrote:

Is there a way to share folders between pine and evolution while
filtering with procmail?

Consider having your mail stored on an IMAP server. OK - Pine can be a bit of a pain to get configured as an IMAP client, but it does work, and work well. I have all my mail processed by Procmail and sorted into folders available via IMAP. Evolution talks to it happily and so will Pine.

The upside of a configuration like this is you're clear to use pretty much any platform in the world and have access to your email the way you left it. I regularly use Pine, Evolution, Outlook, Outlook Express (on Windows and Mac), Entourage and Netscapes 4 and 6. I'm composing this in the OS X "Mail" application. Plenty of choices when you use IMAP. :) The mail server handles any locking issues and you never touch the mail store files directly.

The downside is needing a machine on a live IP connected 24/7 if you really want to start roaming, but there's no reason you couldn't have a desktop machine running an IMAP server and feeding itself via fetchmail or something. If you want to tread this path, feel free to email me.

Side note: Like I said above, I use a LOT of mail clients regularly, and Evolution is the one I always _wish_ I was using. :) If I can get the damned thing to compile under OS X, I'll be the happiest man in the world.

Mike.