Re: [Evolution] I'm migrating to Sylpheed

On 03 Dec 2001 00:42:18 -0500
Michael Leone <turgon mike-leone com> wrote:

On Sun, 2001-12-02 at 23:38, Chimbis wrote:
On 02 Dec 2001 01:32:09 -0500
Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com> wrote:

The problem might also be that the evolution-mail program is getting
unresolved symbols because one of your libraries is out of date...

if you run evolution-mail in it's own shell, does it complain about
missing libraries/symbols/whatever?

Someone the other day had this problem on irc...

If I open a Xterm and run evolution-mail?
Wont start at all.

You ALSO need to open a *2nd* shell, and run "evolution"; this is where
the evolution shell you're used to will appear from. Running just
evolution-mail does nothing.

OK, so I upgraded oaf and ORBIT did the oaf-slay routine and then ran evolution-mail as you said here. Now I
get

Bonobo-CRITICAL **: file bonobo-property-bag-client.c: line 781 (bonobo_property
_bag_client_setv): assertion `pb != CORBA_OBJECT_NIL' failed.

Bonobo-WARNING **: Error 'No property bag'
impl_event = command
impl_event = command
evolution-mail: error while loading shared libraries: evolution-mail: undefined
symbol: bonobo_control_frame_focus_child

So I tried upgradeing bonobo, but I still get this ...

Martin S