Re: [Evolution] feature requests

The progres bar only shows the first server but actually uses the right
server.

I relied to this earlier but the stupid isp i'm using blocks smtp.

On 1 Dec 2001, Fabian Moerchen wrote:

On Sun, 2001-12-02 at 02:32, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Sat, 2001-12-01 at 13:17, Fabian Moerchen wrote:
On Sun, 2001-12-02 at 01:36, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
Are you sure you aren't confusing Evolution with some other mail client?
When you configure an account, you can configure it's corresponding SMTP
server too. So the feature that you are asking for already exists.

yeah, i'm positive. i know every account can have a different smtp
server, but when hitting send/receive only the one from the default
account is used. if i want to use a different one, i have to change the
default account. this is what i want:

No, the smtp server corresponding to the "From" address you picked in
the composer is what gets used in Send & Receive.

my default account is fabian mybytes  every mail i send via the
corresponding smtp server has to have this adress as the sender
otherwise i get:

"RCPT TO response error: Requested action not taken: mailbox
unavailable: mail not sent"

but some people write me using other addresses like the one at my
university. i would like to answer them with the same address they wrote
to as the sender and not necessarily the address of my other account.

evolution could easily distinguish between the mails by the sender field
and send each via the server belonging to the account. at least
optionally.

This is already what it does.

ok, great. then my error must come from some other problem with the
particular provider i tested it with today. i guess i was expecting more
than one progress bar when sending to more than one server like for the
receiving progress and the error message did not tell me with which
message and which server the error happened.

6) how about customizable key strokes like gimp

I think you are referring to a bug in gtk... that isn't actually a
designed feature in the gimp.

i know it's gtk, but in my gimp it works, in my evolution not. aren't
they using the same gtk when running on the same machine?

The menus in Evolution are not normal Gtk menus, they are Bonobo menus.

7) is there any way to remove the attachment from a mail while the
message?

while the message what?

sorry, typo: "keeping" the message (text).

No, not possible.

8) a filter based on whether the sender/recipient is in a certain
contacts folder or category would be nice.

this is already in our bug/feature-request tracking system.

do you want me to enter the uncommented features in there?

9) how about preselecting the default account in the from field instead
of the one listed first in the mail settings.

It already does this too.

didn't work for me but i just fixed it: my first account was the local
linux user account but i had entered the same email address as my
default account (fabian mybytes de). then the new message dialog
selected always "fabian mybytes de (<username>)" with sendmail as the
smtp. now that i changed the address to <username>@localmost.mydomain it
works like a charm.

thanks for you time, i didn't expect it'd be that easy to get rid of
these things that annoyed me. :) again: great program!

bye
fabian

Jeff

--