Re: [Evolution] feature requests

On Fri, 2001-11-30 at 16:15, Fabian Moerchen wrote:

1) why can i have more than one server receiving mail from but send only
with one? it would be nice to send each mail with the outgoing server of
the account that matches the sender email address used in this mail. the
reason for this is that some of my email accounts let me send only
messages with the corresponding sender email, so i have to use the
sender of my default account for all mails.

Are you sure you aren't confusing Evolution with some other mail client?
When you configure an account, you can configure it's corresponding SMTP
server too. So the feature that you are asking for already exists.

2) related with 1 because it would partly solve the problem: why doesn't
the reply to field offer the same dropdown list as the from field?

3) my current provider uses pop after smtp authentication. so when i
write emails and the time span has run out i have to hit send/receive
twice to get everything sent. a checkbox in the account options would be
nice for this, so sending could be done _after_ receiving from the
account and not simultaniously.

We already have something like this, when configuring your SMTP server -
specify that it requires authentication and select the "POP-before-SMTP"
option.

4) dragging contacts into folders only copies them, i would like to move
them with some additional key.

5) the context menus in contacts could have the cut/copy/paste entries.

6) how about customizable key strokes like gimp

I think you are referring to a bug in gtk... that isn't actually a
designed feature in the gimp.

7) is there any way to remove the attachment from a mail while the
message?

while the message what?

8) a filter based on whether the sender/recipient is in a certain
contacts folder or category would be nice.

this is already in our bug/feature-request tracking system.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.