Re: [Evolution] Filter Actions

It's perfectly fine by me if you'd like to post your patch here (is it
also in bugzilla?)

I think most (if not all) the other devels wouldn't mind either.

Jeff

On Wed, 2001-08-29 at 01:09, Jon Nall wrote:

hello there.
i was the person who submitted the patch. the evo guys decided this
wouldn't go into 1.0 since they were already in code freeze, and i agree
with their decision (i should have gotten it finished faster! doh!)

i'm happy with the current state of the patch. it give the user 2 new
filter actions: "Play Sound" and "Exedcute Command". it uses the
gnome_sound_*() functions to play sounds, and gnome_execute_shell() to
execute commands. i've also fixed the "sound is played 100 times if you
get 100 messages" issue. you can now choose to play the sound (or
execute the command) per message or per retrieval.

i'll be happy to post my patch here (so people can patch their own
personal builds if they like), but i wouldn't want to do it if it's not
kosher with the ximian guys. i've been using my patched version for
quite a while now. sound is nice!!

nall.