Re: [Evolution] Question: MS Exchange support, timeline?

On Fri, 2001-08-24 at 16:55, Mark Neill wrote:
On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Connel MacKenzie wrote:
I have a question: is there an estimate as to when we may see support for
Exchange?  Will it never happen, or is it just incredibly difficult?

What do you mean, support Exchange?

Probably meant MAPI support - being able to access your mailbox on an
Exchange server.

Evolution already gets mail from an Exchange server.  Add a POP3 account
and point it at your Exchange server.

The only other part is the Scaeduling, and the current dillema is the
inlining of calendar requests in a manner that is intuitive for Outlook to
accept them.

Exchange is a back-end server; supporting it is trivial.

It's that Scheduling (especially co-ordinating group schedules) that
makes Exchange so popular in corporations.