Re: mbox vs. Maildir (was: Re: [Evolution] expunge speed)

On Mon, 2001-08-20 at 14:24, Alexander Skwar wrote:
So sprach »Ron Guerin« am 2001-08-20 um 15:12:31 -0400 :
Alexander Skwar wrote:
To summarize:  mbox is way faster and handled by more clients.  mbox
completely wipes the floor with Maildir.

You forgot to say, "IMHO".  Because that's just your opinion.
I prefer Maildir.  I disagree with your generalization
wholeheartedly.

???  No, not IMHO.  The times are facts.  On my computer.  But it's of
course your opinion to disagree with facts.  And in how far was this a
"generalization"?

http://www.courier-mta.org/mbox-vs-maildir/

My own personal experience has proven that maildir and the similar
format used by CMU's Cyrus wipes the floor with mbox.

Brian