Re: [Evolution] Howto: Step-by-step spell checking for Redhat 7.1

On 17 Aug 2001 13:42:18 -0400, Matt Herzog wrote:
The recommended way to install Rawhide packages is to install from
srpm. rpm --rebuild foo.src.rpm. rpm will tell you where the rpm has
been placed. This is the safest way to go.

My bad :) Rawhide is indeed experimental, not beta as I suggested. I've
never seen the recommendation to rebuild from source before, but I'll
remedy that.

Be careful with Rawhide rpms.

Correct. That's why I said there are no guarantees :)

Above all please do not install the Rawhide glibc rpm file.

Oh, no! I would never suggest anyone do that. I was a little leery about
suggesting the replacement of automake and libtools, but everything
seemed to be working especially spell checking...which is a must-have
for any Evolution user and I could find no other immediate solution to
get it going on a stock Redhat 7.1 installation.

We do not support Rawhide systems because it's not even a Beta OS yet.
We cannot support OS versions that are not frozen.

I would have gone with files from Roswell but it seems to be locked
down.