Re: [Evolution] expunge speed

On 17 Aug 2001 14:55:44 -0400, Andrew Smith wrote:
I'm pulling mail from two pop servers (one at work, the other at yahoo)
and letting evolution write my local mail file which I guess by default
is mbox.

So to get a quicker expunge I need to:

1) install & configure fetchmail
2) install & configure qmail
3) convert my mbox to maildir
4) delete existing evo mail accounts
5) create new evo mail account and set as default with maildir source

Phew! That is quite a laundry list for what I would imagine is a pretty
common setup.

Eh?  If Evo is doing the fetch - you can just change the mailbox type
(via File->Folder->Properties for "Inbox" to maildir - evo will do the
conversion, and from that point on, your expunge time should be fast.

So, the steps are:

1) change the folder format of Inbox from mbox to maildir

simpler, eh?

--
   Dan Berger [dberger ix netcom com]
   http://home.ix.netcom.com/~dberger

   "We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, then, is not an act,
    but a habit."
                                  -- Aristotle

    A982 E6B1 CB2F 7A49  843A 9297 DA73 4371  1F54 8D0C