[Evolution] Writing replies with original message quoted inline

I know I should check for/file a bug report, but I'm sure this one must have been reported:

**
When replying to a message with the original message "quoted" inline, I often have issues with the color and "preformat" settings.

When I try to insert a new line in the middle of the original message, it usually works--text color changes from grey to black and style from "Preformat" to "Normal", but very often it does neither.  I can fix the "preformat" to "normal"  myself so it word-wraps what I type, but I can't stop the text from remaining grey.

I am talking about non-html messages if that isn't obvious from my lack of control over the color.   It would be nice if the automatic algorithm were improved to catch this problem (I will try to be more aware of what exactly triggers it), but at the very least shouldn't selecting a "Normal" style cause the text to be BLACK?

thanks,
Eric