Re: [Evolution] archive? and (fix me) ? And a bug...

On 14 Aug 2001 09:00:38 -0400, Jason Burfield wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before...but I have two questions...

Is there an archive of this list somewhere? Perhaps I can answer my
second question if I can find the archive...

http://mail.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/
http://mail.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution-hackers/

Second question, how do I get rid of (fix) the (fix me) next to 'New
Contact', 'New Task' and 'New Appointment' ?

These all show up under the FILE menu. I updated the addressbook.db file
to the newest version and that didn't seem to help anything. I still can
not use the address book.

are you using the latest version (0.12 Beta2) of Evolution?  The
contacts works fine for me.  When you click on the contacts folder does
nothing come up?  You should be able to add a contact from within the
Contacts folder... and a task from within the Task folder... etc...

It doesn't seem like it's possible to do it quite yet from outside of
their modules.  (i.e., File->New->(Contact|Appointment|Task) dont work)
I'm guessing that these "(FIXME)"'s will be taken care of by v1.0.

Ricardo

Also, on a side note, I have found one bug that someone has probably
already pointed out.

Every time I attempt to copy a URL from an email to paste into Mozilla
or Netscape, Evolution crashes when I paste it in. Also, the paste does
not work. So I end up with a crashed out Evolution and no link to be
pasted.

Thanks for any info/help! It's a great piece of software.

  --  Jason