Re: [Evolution] Evolution wants you!

On 13 Aug 2001 13:27:29 +0200, Jakub Steiner wrote:
On 11 Aug 2001 14:28:17 -0400, Andrew McCallum wrote:

Just FYI, the one feature that I really miss is the ability to add an
"FCC:" header to an outgoing message, which allows me to easily archive
my messages in topic-specific folders in addition to the "Sent" folder.
I'm not sure, but this looks like a perfect case for VFolders on the
Sent folder. And no need to duplicate the messages either ;)

Suppose you have a folder with all messages from some friend. I want all
my replies to be stored directly there (so I get threading and stuff)
and not in the sent folder. No, vfolders don't help here, as I don't
have just one friend, but quite a bunch, and each has it's own folder
where the filter rules put his/her mail automatically. So with vfolders,
I would need to make for each of them a vfolder that looks into the
resp. friends folder and the sent folder. An no, I don't want to use
vfolders instead of the folders in the first place, as I don't want to
have a big fat INBOX with all mails lumped together.

All this for the simple feature of: "Copy this mail to this folder and
not the Sent folder on sending" (I know the original poster wanted to
have it also copied to the Sent folder, a feature which should be
optional. Also there should be a default setting possible that would
automatically enter the "originating" folder on a reply into the FCC:
header (I like to call it a GCC:, but this is purely a GNUS thing...))

I really like vfolders for cross folder grouping/searching/sorting. But
only because they are useful doesn't mean that they are the right thing
for every problem on the planet :-)