Re: [Evolution] hiding evolution componenets

On 10 Aug 2001 17:06:56 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
On 10 Aug 2001 08:31:58 -0700, Jon Nall wrote:

hello.
i have a non-technical friend starting to use evolution and she has no
use for the calendar/tasks components. is there a way to "hide" those
components? she tried deleting them from the Folder Bar, but they
reappeared when she restarted evolution. she digs the mailer a lot, by
the way.

It would be cool if there were a way to generate:

evolution-base.rpm
evolution-contacts.rpm
evolution-mailer.rpm (depends on contacts)
evolution-calendar.rpm

So installs could be totally customised.

Well, if you you're okay with violating the install, you can

        rm -rf /usr/share/evolution/default_user/local/$BLAH

where $BLAH is the bit you want to remove permanently and then

        rm -f /usr/share/oaf/GNOME_Evolution_$BLAH*.oaf

But this is a systemwide solution, not a per-user one, and an unpleasant
one at that.

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton