[Evolution] LDAP Error Message

For your pre-built versions of evolution you really should change the
error message to indicate that LDAP support isn't compiled in, instead
of sending users on a wild goose chase.  I'm so sick of seeing:

        We were unable to open this addressbook.  This either
        means you have entered an incorrect URI, or have tried
        to access an LDAP server and don't have LDAP support
        compiled in.  If you've entered a URI, check the URI for
        correctness and reenter.  If not, you probably have
        attempted to access an LDAP server.  If you wish to be
        able to use LDAP, you'll need to download and install
        OpenLDAP and recompile and install Evolution.

when I know I have working LDAP support on my computer and I've used
the link in question before.  You could easily change, and should
change the code in addressbook.c to:

#ifdef HAVE_LDAP
        label = gtk_label_new (
                _("We were unable to open this addressbook.  This either\n"
                  "means you have entered an incorrect URI, or have tried\n"
                  "to access an LDAP server and don't have LDAP support\n"
                  "compiled in.  If you've entered a URI, check the URI for\n"
                  "correctness and reenter.  If not, you probably have\n"
                  "attempted to access an LDAP server.  If you wish to be\n"
                  "able to use LDAP, you'll need to download and install\n"
                  "OpenLDAP and recompile and install Evolution.\n"));
#else
        label = gtk_label_new (
                _("This version of Evolution does not have LDAP support\n"
                  "compiled in to it.  If you want to use LDAP in Evolution\n"
                  "you must compile the program from the CVS sources.\n"));
#endif

David