[Evolution] Signature FIles doesn't work when Use HTML by default is selected

When I check Use HTML by default in the 'Other' Label under Mail Configuration and I try to Compose a New Message Evolution says it can't find the file called signature.html.html. The file I specified was signature.html, so it seems evo is adding an extra .html.
Then if i remove the .html extension in the account editor and I try to Compose a New Message I get a new blank ('entirely blank, no signature') gtkhtml window.

It is reproducible under 2 Redhat 7.1 systems (laptop and desktop) with latest snapshot available from red-carpet.

<begin non-automatic signature>
dharana
dharana dharana net

"To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion."
<end non-automatic signature>