Re: [Evolution] gtkhtml very unstable

On 27 Apr 2001 04:59:11 +0000, dan hensley att net wrote:

On 27 Apr 2001 02:42:19 +0000, dan hensley att net wrote:
I'm sure this is known, but in case it isn't...  gtkhtml
crashes very quickly (latest anoncvs) when opening a
Compose window or replying or fowarding an e-mail.  It
dies as soon as I hit <CR>.  When I exit, I get this
message:

This is a bug in ORBit that is fixed in the orbit-stable-0-5 branch in
CVS but still active in 0.5.7.

Stealth changes like this aren't very nice.  I didn't see
anything about this in the gtkhtml Changelogs, so I never
would have figured this out.  Shouldn't ORBit's version number
have been bumped and gtkhtml's dependencies as well?

This isn't a stealth change, this is a bug, a bug in ORBit 0.5.7 that
happened by chance to already be fixed in CVS on the orbit-stable-0-5
branch.  If you can't deal with things breaking while under development
please don't use CVS.

It's already fixed if you get the right ORBit, we're working on plans
for the next release.

I updated ORBit from CVS, and it compiled fine.  But when
I tried to install it, I got

Making install in everything
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/dhensley/dev/OO/test/everything'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dhensley/dev/OO/test/everything'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dhensley/dev/OO/test'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Then I tried Evolution, and it still had the problem.  What
should I try next?

This looks like problem on your end.

--Larry