[Evolution] go-gnome installer

I'm sorry, I'm sure you've been beaten up by this question
repeatedly, but I just have to ask:

Which one of you monkeys was on the pipe long enough to come
up with the "pipe lynx into sh" installer mechanism that Ximian
GNOME uses to install?

You realize that this is quite possibly the worst install
mechanism, not only from a security perspective but from an
end-user ease-of-use/familiarity perspective, of any program
you can currently obtain.

You used to install irc this way, by piping telnet into a shell.

Evil.