Re: [Evolution] Red-carpet : rebuild the RPM and it should be ok
- From: JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
- To: Cristian Posoiu <cristi auctionwatch ro>
- Cc: evolution ximian com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Red-carpet : rebuild the RPM and it should be ok
- Date: 19 Apr 2001 10:37:44 -0400
On 19 Apr 2001 16:21:35 +0300, Cristian Posoiu wrote:
After the # $$@#$ deletion of the red-carpet package I had to do something....
- get the src.rpm package (from ftp.ximian.com)
- rpm --rebuild red-carpet....src.rpm
- rpm -Uvh red-carpet.xxxx.rpm (from /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 probably,
depends on the system and on what user you are rebuilding the package.
Anyway, you'll figure it out from where :-)
- Et voila ! It works. No more uninstall requests. It's linked with the
apropriate gtkhtml library now.
Shorter: rebuild the package and it will work.
PS: The packages downloaded by red-carpet aren't tested prior to beeing set up
No, the snapshot packages are not tested. They are snapshot packages
and RC is still in beta. This situation should be fix soon however.
JP Rosevear jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc. http://www.ximian.com
] [Thread Prev