Re: [Evolution] (no subject)

On 18 Apr 2001 22:27:12 -0500, Weiqi Gao wrote:
Having been downloading and using Evolution using Red Carpet for the
last three three months, I'm surprised today when updating to today's
Evolution update necessitates the removal of "red-carpet" itself.

What's going on?

I was wondering that myself.  Apparently, red-carpet has a dependency
upon libgtkhtml.so.7 or something like that and the gtkhtml upgrade has
a .8 instead.  Anyway, that means that the .7 would have to be
uninstalled and red-carpet does not know where to look for the
substitute at.  I'm GUESSING that it should be a simple matter of
recompiling the red-carpet again (through source or SRPM) but because I
worry about there being potential API differences which would cause the
compile to fail, I'm just going to wait for ximian or someone on this
list to tell me that there is a new version of red-carpet or that the
compiling from SRPM will work.

--
Sejal Patel (sejal iname com)

"I can call spirits from the vasty deep.  Why so can I, or so can any man;
but will they come when you do call for them?"
                                        Shakespeare, King Henry IV, Part I