Re: [Evolution] Weird focus behavior when deleting messages.

On 05 Apr 2001 11:53:36 +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
Hey All

Firstly, thanks for such a great email client.  It's not yet done, and
it's already great.

I'm noticing some weird focus behavior when deleting messages.

If I have Hide Deleted Messages inactive, then deleting messages works
like you would expect.  You delete a message (it gets marked as deleted)
and the focus moves to the next (not deleted) message.

However, if you active Hide Deleted Messages, when you delete a message,
the messages disappears (as expected), but the focus goes all weird.
Often it opens the message two down from the one you just deleted, and
no message actually gets the focus.  Also, messages that are part of a
message thread seem to get scattered to the four winds, which actually
makes sense but is somewhat disconcerting (although I've got no idea how
is best to handle this).

I dunon maybe the weird behaviour is etree, i can't see why the code is
selecting like two-down or whatever.  I've seen the focus problem and
Clahey reckons he's fixed it, but i dunno.

The tree view-sorted problem is incredibly difficult to fix.  Either we
have to add more to the laready overly bloated and complex etree (and
some of that even might not be easy to add), or we have to do the
sorting ourselves, which kind of throws away all the work in the
aforementioned overly bloated and complex etree.

I'm sure you are aware of this, but I'm just commenting so that if it
hasn't been noticed, someone becomes aware of it.  So far I can't recall
any comments about this on the list but I've been skimming a lot of the
messages and it may have been mentioned an I've missed it.

Also, I thought it might be worth opening a bit of discussion about how
best to handle messages in a thread when the threads bases is deleted.

Otherwise, I'm thrilled at how things work and I can't wait to see what
tricks the evo developers have got up their sleaves next.

mintSlice

--

rodd clarkson - code poet
redfish bluefish [creative]