[Evolution] Send/Receive in IMAP

I've had a quick look thru bugzilla, since I suspect that's the right
thing to do, but...

Should the send/receive mail button do anything with an IMAP server ?
The only way I can get evolution to see new mail in  my IMAP folder is
do to an expunge. I know this has come upo before, but I can't see the
bug (if it is one). Is there a stale config file or something I need to
remove ? I vaguely remember an 'include this folder in send/receive'
option a while back, but I can't find it now..

    Thanks,

    John A.