RE: [Evolution] Red carpet folds up and dies -- where are the pac kages?

 Had the same problem, I went about fixxing it two ways, One I notice that
my rpm binary had gotten screwed, So I replaced that, I went to RC and tried
updating, It would download then crash while trying to install, But... it
was just a quick su and a jump and skip to /var/cache/red-carpet/ and
installed the rpms by hand, then tried RC and it worked, .....
Dont know what I did but hey its working again .

Red Carpet doesn't use the RPM binary. Most likely your RPM database is
corrupted or you're running a Red Carpet binary for RPM 3 on an RPM 4
system or vice versa. RPM is a mess. 0.9.3 should fix these problems with
some diabolically evil hacks.

Joe