[Evolution] IMAP: "server response did not contain LIST information"

So I red-carpeted the 04/01 snapshot this morning and was greeted with
the above error message when I tried to fetch my mail. Just for grins I
went back to the CVS HEAD version from 3/30 and it worked OK. I then
moved away my evolution directory and tried the 4/1 snapshot with no
previous configuration - still no joy.

In answer to the next question, it's and MS Exchange (Microsoft Exchange
IMAP4rev1 server version 5.5.2653.23, or so it claims).

Am I doing something obviously incorrect ?

    Thanks in advance,

    John A.