Re: [Evolution] How to use GPG support?

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Nathan Thompson-Amato wrote:

Thanks, I'll try this just as soon as I can get Evolution reading my
contact list again -- I just did a CVS update after a couple weeks
without one and things are a bit unsteady now.

I'm sorry.  I didn't write the convenience function I promised and I've
switched distros so I don't even have a working compile yet.  I'll write
this function as soon as I have a working compile.

What I'd like to do, actually, is just have the cards store key
fingerprints (or some other unique key ID) and let GnuPG/PGP continue to
store the actual keys.  This way, the user can manually specify which
public key is associated with a contact.  This is useful if a contact
has multiple public keys or if a contact's email address has changed but
his or her public key hasn't.  It also keeps GnuPG/PGP and Evolution
from having to maintain seperate key databases and keep them in synch.

If anybody else has a better idea or hates this one, though, please say
so.  Also, does anyone know how Outlook and other major graphical MUAs
deal with public keys in their contact lists?

You have a very good point, but I would also like to see your GPG/PGP key
go out with your vcard if you send your contact information to anyone.
I'm not sure how to get this and keep the key rings in sync.  Do you have
any ideas?

Thanks,
   Chris