Re: [Evolution] Can I use an editor other than the default gtkhtml composer?

    Quixon> The default gtkhtml composer is weird:-(

    Quixon> Is it possible to use another editor to compose mails, for
    Quixon> example gvim?

  Not at the  moment.  For terminal-based editors it  is possible (and
rather easy,  too) to write a  generic Bonobo wrapper  for them, using
the  ZVT widget.   This way,  the user  could either  use  the GtkHTML
editor component or any text-based text editor.

  Volunteers?  :) Nobody is currently  working on it right now, but an
implementation of this would be gladly accepted.

  As  for gvim or  other GUI  editors, you  would need  a Bonobo-aware
version  of these  editors.   Then it  would  be very  easy to  change
Evolution to use them.  (Basically we  just need to be able to specify
the  component  ID  for an  editor  of  choice  instead of  having  it
hard-coded to that of the GtkHTML editor.)

--
Ettore