[Evolution] Lockup on email send......

Hi,

        I have the same problem. What can I supply to aid in debugging
this?

Alexander Russell, acr cse uconn edu
University of Connecticut

Karl Gutenberg writes:

Hello,

i have this account at gmx.de, alias gmx.net. They have a special method to
protect their SMTP. You need to first authenticate to the POP and then you
are authenticated to deliver email to the SMTP server of theirs, otherwise it
gets rejected.

Now I have two questions. Could you add an option to authentificate for the
SMTP by a bare POP login, so I don't have to fetch email before sending?

And second, when I send email there is a 50% chance of a total lockup. The
send button goes down and stays there and that is it. It doesn't go up again,
i.e. unhighlight and the window text remains scrollable, but the evolution
window is locked up. I can only kill evolution at this point.

This problem existed in self-compiled 0.4.1, 0.5.0 as from helix-update and
the new 0.5.1, so I guess it's not common.

The problems seem not directly related. I did a get email this time before
the send and it still locked up........

Common, let me become an evolution user :-)
Karl