Re: [Evolution] News problem

Dan Sinclair wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to set Evolution 0.4.1 up to read from a news server.  I
entered the news server information into the dialog and the testing of
the settings worked correctly ( or so it said ).  I then added the
groups I wished to view into my .newsrc file.  When I started Evolution
it would crash the mail client without any error, so I started the mail
client in a second terminal and got the following output ( this is then
end of the message, if you need the rest please tell me ):

Hey, someone from my alma mater!

Essentially this is what happened (I believe):
1.  You need to do it as .newsrc-<servername> for now
2.  Thus 0.4.1 didn't find the file
3.  No file caused a crash in 0.4.1.

This has been fixed in CVS and should be released in 0.5 shortly.

uw.cs.cs341
uw.cs.cs354
uw.cs.cs370
uw.pmath.pmath370

Woo hoo, fun semester :-)

-JP
JP Rosevear                             jpr helixcode com
Helix Code Inc.                         http://www.helixcode.com