Re: [Evolution] Compose

"David F. Newman" <dnewman maraudingpirates org> writes:

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Dan Winship wrote:

What you're describing is the mail component crashing.

What happens if you run "html-editor-control" in one terminal (it will
just hang), then start evolution in another terminal, then click
"compose"? (The html-editor-control should exit, but hopefully it will
give a useful error first.)

Actually there is no output.  html-editor-control doesn't seem to do
anything.  evolution-mail, on the other hand, has this to say when
I hit the compose button:

composer-ERROR **: Cannot activate
`OAFIID:control:html-editor:63c5499b-8b0c-475a-9948-81ec96a9662c'. Did you
build gtkhtml with Bonobo and OAF support?
aborting...
Abort

I had a similar problem when I first made new packages for Evolution
and gtkhtml because I forgot to provide /usr/bin/html-editor-control
in gtkhtml package :)

Check this binary is installed (should be provided by gtkhtml)

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft