Re: [Evolution] IMAP/SSL, IMAP folders, and a couple other things

: We'd like to do IMAP/SSL (actually, SSL for all protocols) in the future
: but we've got to find a suitable library. OpenSSL is out of the question as
: it is not compatable with the GPL.

Does it actually violate the GPL to link with a library if it already exists
on the system?  I would think you could set it up to look for an link with an
SSL library (whatever that may be) and just use whatever's there.  To
distribute the compiled binary I can understand but there are numerous
programs like mutt, fetchmail, etc which are all GPL'd (I think) and all of
them make use of an existing SSL library if it's a compiled in feature.

--
  Matthew Harrell                          Any sufficiently advanced bug is
  Bit Twiddlers, Inc.                       indistinguishable from a feature.