RE: [Evolution] Crash when composing email and arriving IMAP mail

Mikolaj J. Habryn wrote:
  Hmm. How did you manage to get a stack trace out of it? Evolution
keeps popping up nice windows to tell me that some component committed
seppuku, but that isn't entirely useful from a debugging
perspective...

That crash conveniently left a core file in my home directory, which
I was then able to debug using gdb.  [I'm assuming you know how to use
gdb to get a backtrace; if not, the best thing to do is to use Jacob's
amazing bug-buddy program to do it for you.  Just open up your home
directory in GMC, double-click on the core icon with the yucky face, and
follow the directions.]

Oddly enough, I don't consistantly find core files after the dreaded
"component crashed" dialogs -- I'm not sure why.  It would also be
*really* nice if when evolution-mail or the other components crashed,
the gnome-segv/bug-buddy sequence was run.  Maybe the Evolution hackers
could either (a) put that into the next preview release, or (b) clue
us in why it Can't Be Done (hint, hint).

peace,

Zach