Re: [Evolution] More evolution mail bugs

(I feel funny responding to my own thread...I'd like to know if I'm wasting
my time...)

I spent a bit more time trying to figure out what's going on.  See comments
below.

Dan Hensley wrote:

Could someone from Helixcode please acknowledge whether these bugs are
reproducible/known?  I'll add some more comments below.

Dan Hensley wrote:

* I am trying to configure an IMAPv4 mail source.  I enter the server
name and username and hit Test Settings, and the mail component
crashes.  Here is the output:

Bonobo-WARNING **: Exception executing verb 'SetMailConfig' on
'evolution-mail-component-0.6-18433-0'

This crash happens whether I pick IMAPv4 or POP as my mail source.  If I
pick local mailbox, and try Test Settings, it returns with a success
message, whether I not I entered a valid file or anything at all.
 Shouldn't Test Settings in this case at least check to see if the file
exists, and possibly that it's a valid file type?

I decided to try to provide a backtrace for the above crash.  Here's how
to reproduce:
1.    Start evolution
2.    Go to Settings, Mail Configuration, Mail Sources, Add
3.    Select IMAPv4, enter mailhost and username
4.    Select Test Settings
5.    See ya, bye

*** Message -- STARTING Querying authorization capabilities of "imap:"
*** Message -- FINISH Querying authorization capabilities of "imap:"

0x408ed5b1 in strchr () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0  0x408ed5b1 in strchr () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0xbfffdc9c in ?? ()
#2  0x8066c18 in service_acceptable (page=0x825bd90) at
mail-config-gui.c:768
#3  0x8066e32 in service_page_item_test (button=0x82c5728, page=0x825bd90)

Apparently strchr() doesn't like a null argument input.  That's why this is
segfaulting.  This occurs in service_page_get_url.  The reason it's getting
null input is because it looks like somewhere along the line the code is not
retrieving the data from the form.  When I did a diff in mail-config-gui.c
between 0.5.1 and 0.6, it appears as though some widgets were replaced with
gal widgets.  The code differences are ing service_page_?et_url, which is
where all the problems are occurring.  It wouldn't surprise me if the Next...
button problems everyone has been reporting are due to the same problem.  So
it looks like gal is the source of the problem.

Any comments from Helix about this?  I'm going to try removing every trace of
gal from my system and rebuilding it again.  Again, I really would appreciate
a response from Helix, because my time is precious and I want to know that
I'm not wasting it by trying to track this down.  I really would like to get
Evolution to work.

Dan