[Evolution] Utility to export mail from Outlook 2000 to Evolution

Hi All,

I mentioned a while ago on the evolution-hackers list that I was working on
a VBA utility to export mail from Outlook 2000 to Evolution.  I have been
unable to spend much time on it for the past couple of weeks, so I've
decided to make it available in its current form so anyone who wants to can
play with it.

It can be obtained from http://www.wirejunkie.com/freestuff/devout/ -
there's installation and usage docs and a ZIP file with sources.

It will currently export all mail items in the Outlook folder list
(including mail stored on an Exchange server, or in PST files) with the
following restrictions:

- A minimum set of message headers is exported
- Only the plain text body of each message is exported
- No allowances are made for non-ASCII characters in message headers or
bodies
- Attachments are not exported

The next thing that I will be doing is Base64 and Quoted-Printable encoding,
which will take care of everything except fancy headers (eg: message IDs).
I did write a Base64 encoder in VBA, but it takes 1.5 hours to encode 1MB of
data, which is utterly ridiculous...

Suggestions, comments, criticisms etc. are most welcome.

Have fun,

Tim Serong
--
tim wirejunkie com