[Evolution] evolution feature/behaviour request

There are a number of small features which I would like to see in future
releases of evolution. Some of these may already be planned, hopefully
in released that are not too far away.

I am using preview 7 from CVS. I would like to see the following changes
in behaviour, or additions, call them what you will:

- When constructing a virtual folder, I would like to be able to pick a
number of source folders all at once rather than having to repeatedly
add a folder. In other words I would like to click on Add, choose
multiple folders, then press OK. An option to choose all would also be
nice.

- I presume this is one for the FIXIT basket. I have a local linux box
which has my mail folders on it. I access them by imap. That box also
has a small news feed. If that box is listed as a mail source then the
news is not accessable. If however I delete it as a mail source, bingo!,
the news-groups appear in the folder tree. I can manage subscriptions to
the news groups regardless of whether the mail server is configured as
an imap mail source or not.

- The mail search bar is very useful. There needs however to be a way to
return to a full view of a folder.  I am not sure either of the
distinction between the full search button and the choice of custom
search from the drop down menu. Both appear to do the same thing.

- The area in which the search criteria are constructed when doing a
full or custom search needs to be taller so that when there is more than
one criteria (criterium?), more than one is visable.

- can the state of the folder tree (which branches are
expanded/contracted) be remembered over sessions?. Same applies to the
folder tree which appears when you go to move or copy a message.

- I am not sure whether this is a window manager issue or an evolution
issue. When I start evolution I always have to make the shell window
wider to view the whole of the mail component. I am running sawfish as
part of helix gnome for RH7.

- Is there going to be provision for storing email addresses, say for
mailing lists, in some format other than the contacts database. I am not
sure whether a mailing list would be regarded as a 'Contact'. Some form
of mailing list manager, where the list address as well as the list
admin address could be stored would be useful. At the very least some
form of alias feature where nicknames could be formulated would help.

There are other issues, but I can't recall them at the moment.

*  Guy Steven                       *  Meadow Mushrooms Marathon  *
*                                   *  Christchurch, New Zealand  *
*  Barrister & Solicitor            *           #####             *
*  ph 64 3 355 6189                 *   ###  3 JUNE 2001  ###     *
*  gsteven southern co nz           *           #####             *