[Evolution] xmodmap and mail composer

Hello,

I´m using Evolution 0.5 on the latest helix gnome release.  I read
yesterday a tutorial on using xmodmap to set up the windows keys to
input dead_acute, ntilde, etc.  Using these keys with the mail composer
works fine, but I am used to the Windows-style ¨us-international¨
layout.  So, I remapped ´ and ¨ to dead_acute and dead_diaeresis,
respectively.  This works out to about the same as in windows, and works
in the console, and gedit (old text widget).  However, using this layout
does NOT work in the mail composer.  Thanks for the great work!!

scott norris