Re: [Evolution] RE: Could not start up component

Alfons Hoogervorst wrote:

Lo,

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000 18:43:09 +0000
dan hensley att net wrote:

I had the same "Could not start up component" problem.  Running killev
did not help, but rebooting did fix the problem.

I continue to have the problem, and rebooting didn't fix it for me.

I remember having something similar when having selected a *true-type* font in the Gnome Control Centre's
"Theme Selector".
Either turn off your true type font server, or just select the default non-tt helvetica.

I just tried this (I have been using Adobe Helvetica, but I tried MDK (Mandrake) Helvetica and URW Helvetica,
and I either got
a core dump or the same problem.  So it doesn't appear as though my problem is related to fonts this time.

Dan

Hope this helps.

Bye.

--

| contemplation, reflexion, introspection |
|     celebrating Kurt Weill 2000         |