[Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Body duplication bug is still there

On 27 Nov 2000 02:36:48 +0500, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
Oh, and I keep getting this body duplication problem.  For example Jan
Stocker's message of yesterday (Message-ID:
<000101c05794$f21f7ca0$0101000a twoflower>) appeared to have two copies
of the body in it.

Sigh, this looks like the most ancient and most hard to fix bug in
Evolution's history.

  So, I was chatting with Michael Zucchi on the IRC and he suggested
that I tried hacking libunicode to use the built-in `iconv()' instead of
glibc's version of it.  This indeed fixed the body duplication bug;
apparently the `iconv()' in glibc 2.1.2 (which is what Red Hat 6.1 comes
with) is just broken in some way.

  Michael has glibc 2.1.3 on his Red Hat 6.1 system, and he is not
experiencing the problem.  So apparently upgrading glibc should fix the
bug for those who have it.  (Unfortunately, forcing libunicode to just
use the internal `iconv()' is not a good solution because it seems to
affect the GtkHTML editor in a bad way -- it just doesn't work.)

  Phew, it looks like we finally found the problem.  :-)

--
Ettore