Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:11:22 -0500
From: "Elan Feingold" <elan jeeves net>
Subject: RE: [Evolution] Is there a news reader planned?

But I thought that was the point of using components.
Evolution does a good
job of using the gnome-pim for it's calendar portion...I don't
see why it
couldn't do as good a job with pan.  Am I missing something?

gnome-pim had to be massively re-massaged to be used in Evolution.
And the new calendar/tasks system is very different from what you saw
in gnome-pim.  New GUI, new engine, less bugs, more correctness.

I would think that a lot of the code (MIME parsing, message composition,
etc.) would be repeated code between Evolution and Pan.  My personal
uninformed opinion is that it would be easier to simply provide the
appropriate NNTP protocols to Evolution, and let it handle all messages
in a
uniform way above that layer.

-elan

--
-- Win2k: "It's not so much that it's only 65,000 bugs, it's just that they
stopped at 65,535 to prevent an overflow." - Mazel#Tov