Re: [Evolution] Is there a news reader planned?

On Sun, 28 May 2000, Jamie Zawinski wrote:

Even if that's possible, building separate apps for reading mail and
news is madness.  The two tasks share upwards of 95% of the UI and
infrastructure.

Just as long as I don't have to load a news reader to read my mail.
Keep it small and neat. GNOME has trouble running nicely in 64Mb on my
machine and if it gets any worse I can imagine rpm -e being invoked.

NNTP is not an import filter for a mail reader. That ends up being ugly
and very wrong. There are ways the two can be combined, but to pretend
that USENET and email are the same thing is misleading and dangerous.