From: Patrick Berry <pberry freestyleinteractive com>
To: Evolution <evolution helixcode com>
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2000 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Is there a news reader planned?

on 5/28/00 11:37 AM, Jamie Zawinski at jwz jwz org wrote:

Patrick Berry wrote:

I would assume that evolution will be able to use pan (the gnome news
reader
that is in the helix package) as a component, much like it uses
everything
else as components.

Even if that's possible, building separate apps for reading mail and
news is madness.  The two tasks share upwards of 95% of the UI and
infrastructure.

But I thought that was the point of using components.  Evolution does a good
job of using the gnome-pim for it's calendar portion...I don't see why it
couldn't do as good a job with pan.  Am I missing something?

Pat