Re: [Evolution] [OT] evolution smtp handling

Jeffrey Stedfast said:

1. Evolution is not detecting that the smtp server has AUTH (this may or
may not be true, can't tell from the info you pasted)

2. It looks as though at least the MAIL command was completed successfully
which would also suggest that it isn't AUTH (or at least I think so - I'm
not too familiar with the AUTH extension and I don't have the RFC in front
of me)

In any event, I need to have more information if I am to solve this
problem.

BTW, my guess would be that it's requiring POP-before-SMTP, ie. you
need to login with POP3 or IMAP first, which adds the username (and/or
IP) to a temporary "ok to relay" list.

Obviously not as neat as SMTP AUTH but more widespread at the moment...

--j.