[Evolution] Ugly buttons

Hi, I am replying to this from work so unable to email the list (I think, haven't tried though it might get trough)

>> I don't understand what you mean with a "checkmark".  AFAIK there is
>> no widget in GTK that would better serve the purpose of implementing a
>> close button.  Everybody understands what an X in a title bar means.

>> I am open to alternative suggestions though.

What I meant was to have the folder list appear with a pre-checked checkmark, that then gets unchecked to make it disappear.  Same for the shortcut bar though I don't feel it's needed on the shortcut bar.  Very few people will ever want to close it (excluding mutt and pine fans).

I actually like the way outlook lets us click on the 'view title' and have the folder pane open up.  it can then be pinned into place (only then the pin changes to an ugly X).

Also, from memory when the folders and shortcut were closed and I then dragged the panes open they were empty.  I would expect to open the pane and have the folder list or shortcuts available.

Thanks for being open minded though.  That's what I like most about open source, friendly developers :o)