Re: [Evolution] wish-list

on 5/22/00 5:07 PM, Dan Winship had the thought:

Is there any M$ Exchange support scheduled?

This is answered on the shiny new Evolution FAQ,
http://www.helixcode.com/apps/evolution-faq.php3:

Q. My company uses Microsoft Exchange (or Lotus Notes). Will I be able
to replace my Windows machine with a Linux machine running Evolution?

A. We will support as many (useful) open protocols as we can, but the
first release will most likely not be able to interoperate with all of
the features of various closed proprietary systems.

Basically, we'd like to, but as people have said, the protocols aren't
documented.

As someone who has just gone through the pain and suffering of a
win2k/exchange 5.5 SP3 install I can say that I will be thankful for any
progress towards a decent solution.  Unfortunately binary testing is as much
as I can do...

Pat
--
Freestyle Interactive | http://www.freestyleinteractive.com | 415.778.0610