Re: [Evolution] wish-list (MS-Exchange support != MAPI support)

Hi

On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 08:47:46AM +0200, Dylan van Iersel wrote:

"Exchange done right"is exactly the phrase I was looking for,
but I dont agree with you that Exchange is a legacy system.
[snip]

I _do_ see Exchange as a legacy system, even if it is currently
used by many people.  However, if we want people to be able to
switch to Evolution, there must be a Migration Path(tm).  I
doubt there will be many places that are just going to throw out
Exchange and replace it with Evolution all in one go.  If there
is a way for individual users to replace Outlook with the
Evolution client, with more and more people seeing how well it
does vFolders or whatever, while still providing everything
outlook does, it's more likely that other people will also want
to switch.  Then when there are enough users using it, it would
be easier to replace the server.

The other way around works too.  If the server supports the
Exchange protocol(s) then the server can be switched without the
users knowing/caring.  This would make it easier to switch the
clients later.

--
Michael Wood        | Tel: +27 21 762 0276 | http://www.kingsley.co.za/
wood kingsley co za | Fax: +27 21 761 9930 | Kingsley Technologies