Re: [Evolution] Is IMAP being worked on?

My recent interest in IMAP has led me to see if Evolution can
read it yet. I can see the answer is no. I looked at the mailing
list archives to see if anyone mentioned working on it, but the
only thing i found is someone asking the same question last
month. This person did not say whether or not they would begin
work.

So, is anyone doing it? If not, i'll get started.

As far as I know, nobody is working on it at present.
I know Dan had some preliminary test code, Dan?

One more question. I'm studying the mbox and Maildir providers,
and i notice they differ on some things, for example, whether or
not camel_provider_module_init() returns a value. I'm guessing
that mbox is correct, but i wanted to be sure.

Weird, my version doesn't, unless its changed in the last day
or so.  If it has something that can fail, it can keep track
of it, and the initialisation process can be changed if necessary.

I would suggest you liase with Dan and myself once you start
work on this.  Me particularly when it comes to dealing with
the folder, summary, message, and maybe searching stuff, and Dan
for the provider and authentication stuff.  I would really
like it to reuse as much code as possible from elsewhere in
camel (although IMAP is probably the provider that has to do
most of the work itself) - even if that code has to be altered
a little bit.

 Michael