Re: [Evolution] "Why I hate Outlook"

Pardon while I step in,

I think email completion and correction would be a cool feature, but not
something that is automatic.  While many Windows users have never tried
using <TAB> to complete a filename, I use that feature all the time in
Mutt.

Here is what I would propose:

1. Assume that the user knows what he or she is doing.  Yes, that's
dangerous, but it is not insulting to the user.

2. Allow completion on demand.  It's a function that many people will
want to use, but should be expected and predictable.

3. Use mail bounces as a signal for the program to put in the automatic
effort.  Every now and then someone will mistype an email address.  If
it goes to the wrong person, usually you'll have a note that you did
something wrong.  Sometimes you get a message from MAILER-DAEMON that
you have to figure out what the problem was yourself.  It would be
awesome if your MUA could detect a bounce, do a few checks, and
recommend to you that you probably meant to send a message to someone
else.

Given that the message-id is intact, you should be able to check your
outbox for the message that was in error and bring it up to be sent out
again.

Feedback?

Nathan Straz