Re: [Evolution] "Why I hate Outlook"

Is there anything wrong witht he way Pine "guesses" the address?

eg, you type: "fejj", hit return and pine replaces it with
"fejj stampede org"
or something very close to that

Now, obviously that's not perfect either - and I'd have to play with Pine
to get a better fel for what it does exactly

but it's possible that fejj stampede org and fejj gnome org might be in the
contact manager, which should it choose?
it could prompt, but I find prompts very annoying...

what if, when it "saw" that there were more than 1 possibility for an
expansion of an address, then perhaps it would do nothing
this way, the user would have to type enough of it out to distinguish
between any similar addresses.

but then, perhaps this isn't a great idea either

I suppose it could pick the first in the list (sorted in some way, either
by entry or more likely by alphabetical listing)
which is kinda similar to the way gnupg is when you go to export a key

anyways, this obviously needs some thought  -the way I feel, is the fewer
popups, the better

I'm also thinking that a user should have to hit enter in order for the
mailer to try and autocomplete the address, else it assumes the user knows
what he/she is doing and that the address specified is correct (unless
later discovered not to be when it tries to send it - if no @host.com, then
it could autocomplete with whatever domain the system is on)

just some of my thoughts ont he subject...

Jeff