Re: [HC Evolution] can providers be both STORE and TRANSPORT?

Dan Winship wrote:

We'd talked about changing Camel so a provider could provide both (and
used NNTP as the example of when you'd want that), but didn't actually
do it.

If you have separate nntpstore and nntptransport providers, they'd
need separate configuration information, which would suck. So we
probably want to fix CamelProvider. You can move PROVIDER_STORE /
PROVIDER_TRANSPORT into the flags field. Then you need to do something
clever with object_type.

okay.  not sure about the clever part but the flag change should be easy.

We'll also need to add something to the structure so the Mail Sources
Wizard knows not to list NNTP as a possible mail source. (Some field,
"domain" maybe that would tell what sort of messaging the provider
does. "mail", "news", "sms", "irc", etc.)

make sense.

Adding a news provider also highlights the problem of "what exactly is
in the shortcut view and folder tree view, and how do new things get
there". You obviously don't want to list every newsgroup, so there
needs to be some way to tell the shell which ones to display.

True.  IMAP also has the potential for this problem, since there are
subscriptions there too.

Chris